Background

Monday, December 21, 2009

Busy, busy weekend


Phew! This weekend was a blur but very fun...and a good release! Something I really needed after the last couple of weeks!!!

Friday night Judy and I hit up Jefferson's for some grub before heading over to Nick's Pub for a grade school friend's bday party. I'd never been to Nick's before Friday. It looks like a complete dive, but I'd have to say it's substantial. It has a great selection of beers on tap...especially for a smaller place. The drinks are well mixed. The food looked good too...even though I just snacked off of everyone else's plates. Ha! Bad habit of mine. There was even a little one-man band kind of thing with fairly good music.
Check 'em out. http://stlouis.citysearch.com/profile/5739206/st_louis_mo/nick_s_pub.html


Birthday girl...Jennifer!


Another good friend...Cari



Saturday night was Vicki's Ugly Sweater Xmas Party. This was another first of mine. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a lot of fun...good childish-adult fun! : )

It was a chore finding an ugly sweater though. I searched all over Fairview and Belleville...retail stores, Goodwill, etc. I ended up with a Kmart/Gordman's combo. I think Vicki bought up all the snazzy attire at Goodwill!! : )
Chad's attire was another story! I couldn't find anything good holiday clothing for men. Check out the pics below to see what he ended up with.

I had to drag Chad kicking and screaming to dinner in his studly attire! Just kidding...but I did have to coax him a bit. I think it was the promise of yummy Mexican food that got him to agree finally. For those of you that don't know Chad well...he hates Halloween and loves Xmas. So this was quite a confusing party for him...like a Halloween Xmas. Ha!

Check out this hot couple! Hilarious!
Chad's tie was musical and quite sensitive. It kept playing all night.


Chad was first to pick his White Elephant gift? However, once he chose it, he couldn't open it! Ha!


How many men does it take to open a White Elephant gift? Two?


Three?


Phew! Finally! It's a Schlitz beer lava lamp! Kick ass!



Can you believe the lava lamp was stolen from him??? I think Judy ended up with it.
This is what Chad ended up with!? A Miller Lite t-shirt & hat.


I had my hands on a nice bottle of Captain Morgan run at one point during the gift exchange...but that didn't last long. I ended up with 3 pairs of men's socks. Ha! No point in taking pics of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment