Background

Monday, June 21, 2010

Work 1, Lisa 0...but not for long!

Phew!  This past week at work was absolutely horrible!  I haven't experienced stress like this before.  Two of the three departments that I oversee are going through major changes...and seem to be slowly sinking.  The third department is treading water in the big sea of crap.  Corporate is the captain and is standing back and laughing while watching everyone slowly drown in this sea.  I'm standing on the bow of the ship and am not able to throw out any life-preservers for fear that Corporate will throw me out in there too.  That's all the details that I want to go into here, but it's tough right now.

It's put me in such a funk, and I've had a really hard time getting out of it.  I've been completely and utterly exhausted...both physically (nausea, headaches, heart burn, chest pain, etc.) and mentally.  I haven't even been able to exercise much, which is a bit uncharacteristic of me.  But NO MORE!!!!  Today is the day that I'm turning all of this around!  I spent a lot of time today reminding myself of what is truly important and what isn't.  It's important to get a paycheck.  We all need money to live.  Most of us (me especially) need to feel a sense of accomplishment too.  Work usually gives me that...but not for several months.  I think that along with having to make some tough decisions that I don't agree with is what has been weighing on me.  I'm going to try my best going forward to really leave as much of that as I can at work.  As my boss often says, "All I can do is give 100% when I'm at work...and that has to be enough."  I have a great personal life, and I'm going to start focusing more on that when I'm home.

Onward and upward!
 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you and your new outlook! It has to get better at some point and when it does, you will look back and have that sense of accomplishment for getting through all of this. Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete