Background

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Going once...going twice...

Not sold!

Well, I thought we sold the house this past week, but I was sadly mistaken.  On Friday, we received a very unwelcome phone call from our realtor stating that they "buyers" were pulling out of the contract.  The supposed "buyers" were pre-approved for a FHA loan.  I even had a copy of the pre-approval letter!  Somehow though they couldn't come up with the 3.5% down payment. So onward and upward...at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.  I just buried St. Joseph in the yard.  So now it's time to get this house SOLD!

After much deliberation, we are still keeping our reservations for KC this coming weekend.  We have contacted a realtor who specializes in the downtown area.  So hopefully we will have more of an idea of what/where we will be living soon.

Our Thanksgiving holiday was very nice, but we spent a good part of the days running errands and doing chores at our house in between visiting relatives, visiting Grandma in the convalescent center and being on-call for work.  I didn't even partake in the Black Friday shopping as usual.  It was a different holiday, but still very nice...just not quite as relaxing as it usually is.

I'm very thankful for all the family and friends in my life.  I hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment