Background

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall is here!

Another busy week down and another up to bat.  I spent one day in Topeka and two in Wichita last week...and will be spending two in Topeka this week.  I enjoy being out of the office a bit, but it sure does make for a crazy week...and busy evenings catching up on email.  We are a solid 9 months into implementation of this health plan.  The "crazy" was starting to slow for a bit, but now we're ramping up again for the addition of a new population (about 2100 members) on 1/1/14.  This is a population that is very politically charged and one where the majority doesn't want to join managed care.  So it's very important that we get it right, which makes for lots of work!

On a lighter note, I'm Love, love, loving this cooler weather!  It's so nice to have the windows open in the evening even though it's a bit noisy in the city.  I've grown to appreciate - and even depend on - the noises & sirens.  Our cats like the cooler weather too.  Smokey often spends his mornings and evenings on the patio.  Here's a pic from last year at this time...




On another "lighter" note, I've been trying to increase my gym visits.  It's sooooo difficult to get back into a routine again, especially with the long work hours.  I've packed on some pounds since the wedding, and I really need to lose them again.  We're heading to St. Thomas at the end of October.  So I have about a month to shed some of this weight.  I know I won't be where I'd like to be by then, but maybe I'll be slightly more comfortable in a swimming suit.  Even Chad's a bit more motivated than usual, so we should be successful!

Wishing my little cousin, Tinsley, a very fun, first birthday party today!  Wishing we could be there...but will be very soon!

Cheers to a successful & healthy week for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment