Background

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pregnancy Must Haves

The other day I posted about pregnancy "surprises".  So today I thought I'd focus on my pregnancy "must haves".  (I'm trying to focus on all the good things as I lay in this hospital bed waiting for my induction meds.)  Several of these items actually assisted with getting through those "surprises".  


Gin Gins/Preggie Pop Drops
If you experience any nausea at all during your pregnancy, I'd recommend trying one (or both) of these hard candies.  Both helped with basic nausea and were easy to stick in your purse and take with you anywhere.  

I was lucky to never get much morning sickness other than nausea during my pregnancy, but by week 9 the nausea was pretty intense lasting about 5 hours of the day.  I can't say that the candies helped much more than temporarily at this point.  However, I can vouch for acupuncture.  I had been seeing an acupuncturist prior to pregnancy.  Once I visited her for my morning sickness, the nausea vanished the next day!  Yahoo!!


Maternity Pillow
I invested in a maternity pillow at the end of my 1st Trimester.  I was experiencing hip pain and having to adjust pillows between my knees and behind my back every time I got up to use the bathroom was more work than it needed to be.  I found that sleeping with the pillow in the opposite direction than in the photo was more comfortable for me...but the best thing was having a pillow where ever you needed it regardless of the position in which you were sleeping.  

Now this pillow does take up a good portion of the bed, so the hubs will have to scoot over a bit.  However, you are carrying the baby around for 9 months, so you should get more of the bed, right?  :) 


basq Skin Products
A family member gifted me my first basq product - the Calm Resilient Body Oil.  She is a mom herself and swore that these products saved her from a single stretch mark.  I took to using the body oil at night and using the Intensive Treatment Stretch Mark Cream during the day (to avoid any oil marks on my clothes).  Both products are super soothing, and I can proudly report that I don't have a single stretch mark anywhere...even in my old age!  ;)


Old Navy & Gap Maternity Clothes
Old Navy & Gap have wonderful maternity basics.  I loved the tanks & yoga pants from either store.  (You will wear a lot of these!)  I also love Gap's maternity jeans, work pants, bras & skivvies.  Target was definitely a solid runner up for tees, tanks & t-shirt dresses.

If you have a mom friend who can share some hand-me-downs, totally take them up on it, as maternity clothes can be expensive.  However, the basics that you will wear a lot of are totally worth investing in.


Tums
Prior to my 3rd Trimester, I probably have taken Tums once in my life.  However, once I entered the latter half of the 3rd Trimester, I think that I've downed a couple of bottles.  LOL!  I also have them in every purse, bag & desk that I own.  Oh...make sure to keep a bottle next to the bed.  I found this useful not having to hunt them down in the middle of the night.


The Wise Baby Blog
I found this blog to be a bit of a lifesaver when researching products.  I love that it's so easy to search for past blog posts & reviews.  However, my absolute favorite posts are on Wednesdays...Real Mom Favorites.  I found it so helpful to read about products that "real moms" appreciated and why.  I used this blog religiously to build our baby registry.  I'll have to write a follow-up post on if the items were as good as they were said to be.


Everyone seems to experience different symptoms throughout pregnancy.  Hopefully this post will be helpful to you in some way.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment