Background

Monday, February 7, 2011

Clean Living...

This year I've been very successful at packing on the pounds.  The frequent illnesses and back injuries have not helped.  My motivation has gone down the toilet.  Each time I think I'm really getting back into it, something comes up that gives me an excuse to skip the gym.  Work is definitely not getting any easier...and the amount of work isn't going to lessen.  So I've completely run out of excuses...and have seriously run out of room in my current-sized pants.  I needed to make a change.  I decided to go back to what worked for me a couple of years ago...Isagenix.  I lost about 7 or 8 lbs. back then and kept all but about 1 lb. off for close to a year.

So after completely making a pig of myself this weekend, I've decided to start today.
(Check out my friend, Ashley's, blog for fun pics of Saturday night.)  I've taken my measurements and am ready to go.  I won't bore you with all the measurements, but hopefully I'll be reporting pounds and inches lost soon!

The 10-day plan consists of 6 "shake" days & 4 "deep cleanse" days.  The shake days are a piece of cake!  You replace two meals with these high-protein shakes that are around 250-300 calories...and then have a 400-600 calorie meal.  The difficult days are the "deep cleanse" days.  These are the days when I have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this.  All you have is water and the Isagenix liquid all day long...except for a handful or two of almonds.  You tend to feel a bit sluggish on these days, but luckily they are split up.  Two at the start of the program and the other two at the end.  It also helps being busy at work on these days, so you don't have a lot of time to think about food.  I'm sure you're thinking I'm crazy about now.  I just remember feeling so filled with energy and motivation at the end of the program...like someone took a roto-rooter to my arteries!  Oh, and one more thing...no caffeine or alcohol for this period.  Boo!  The caffeine is a bit difficult...but not as much as the alcohol.  Guess there will be no Rick's this weekend.  Ha!

My other problem is the gym.  I HATE the gym this time of year!  It's filled with tons of people (the resolutioner's as I like to call them) that take up all the equipment.  Luckily they won't be there in a few months.  So for the next month, I'm switching it up a bit.  I bought Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred video.  I've heard it's difficult...even for those who frequent the gym.  I just completed Level 1 tonight.  It was easier than I thought, but I was still sweating my booty off.  Cutting out this gym time will also cut 40 min from my drive time, which will give me more time to work in the evenings...and I'll still be able to exercise.  Woo hoo!  Now if only I can keep this up!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck ...you can do it!!! Did you get the pics from Saturday night that I emailed you? Thanks for the shout out above!! :-)

    ReplyDelete