Background

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Grillin' up some pie!

Another weekend in the books!  I've had some great weekends lately with family and friends.  That's really been a treat for me, since I've spent soooo many weekends recently working and working and working!

This weekend began with the Tour De Belleville ride on Friday night.  This was my 4th year participating in the race.  The Tour De Belleville is a night-time bike ride through Belleville and Swansea with two different bike routes...6 miles and 15 miles.  There was quite a large group of us this year...Judy & Rich, Mom and John, Vicki, myself and my cousin, Jimmy.  Chad, Ashley and Judy's mom, Cheryl, all came out to cheer us on!  Woo hoo!  Here's a pick of us pre-ride grabbing some grub and beverages at the Wine Tap.
 It ended up being a great night for a ride...perfect weather!  We had a fab time!  I haven't been on the bike at all this summer.  Mom and I went for a 16 mile ride last weekend, but that was the very first time this year.  Thank goodness I've recently increased my gym time.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have made it!  Fun times!!

Saturday...with very little sleep...Mom, John, Chad & I headed down to Columbia, MO.  Calyn was having a BBQ in celebration of Ben attaining his citizenship.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of this trip.  I really wanted to get a shot of Ben with his papers...BUT he misplaced them!!!  Already!!!  Can you believe it?!?!  Love him anyway!  It was great to spending time with my niece and family!!


Today I hit the gym...and the went to see a house in Soulard with Ashley.  Ashley and her Chad are looking for some new digs and are focusing on the Soulard area.  I'm soooo jealous!  I can't wait for Chad and I to start looking.  My house looks the best this year than it ever has, but I'm so ready for a new...more modern place.  Here's the place that we looked at today. Super cute!!!


Tonight Chad and I tried our hand at homemade grilled pizza.  I've never made homemade pizza dough before...or even tried grilling it.  It didn't turn out half bad.  I can't wait to try it again!!!  We made two pizzas...a pepperoni and a veggie...both with jalpenos!!


Here is a pic of the dough rising and the ingredients used.  You can find the recipe for the dough here!


Here is a pic of the dough rolled out and the pepperoni pizza prior to hitting the grill!  We grilled the bottom side first as several blogs suggested.  After that we flipped it over on a pan (undone side down) and topped the pizza with all the yummy ingredients.  Then we put it back on the grill (on a piece of foil as suggested by a friend) for 5 min with the lid down.

Here are both pizzas in their finished state...and boy were they yummy!!!!  Everything worked great!!!

Next up...a stressful week!  I'll be prepping lot of files, etc for our accreditation on-site visit on July 18th & 19th.  I'm also hoping to hit the gym several times this week...and then there is Judy's birthday dinner on Thursday.  Hope everyone had a fab weekend!!!

1 comment: