Background

Saturday, March 15, 2014

High Five....for the Weekend!

I haven't been able to fit in much blogging lately...and even missed by HFFF post.  So I'm altering it to...High Five for the Weekend.  Same difference, right?  :)

Here's a few highlights from my week...

1) Spring Weather!  Yahoo!!  This past week, we've been blessed with Spring weather with only a couple leftover Winter days scattered in between.  It's such a mood booster to see the lovely, bright sun!  I almost forgot what it felt like.

2) In the spirit of Spring weather, Chad and I did a little Spring cleaning this past weekend.  We have some massive windows in our new place...9 in our main living area and 3 in our Master bedroom.  It was exhausting cleaning these monsters!  We split the job in half - I took the lower and Chad the upper.  (I think my results were much better.  LOL!)  Here's Chad performing a bit of a balancing act in the corner of our dining area.


3) It's amazing how dusty this place gets...much worse than other homes/condos that I've lived in.  Seems to be a common complaint among the residents.  I could seriously dust a few times a week.  So last weekend, we cleaned & dusted our closet.  That was another project in itself...but so nice once completed.  Thank goodness for Luck's help!  LOL!





4)  I'm working on a new blanket, and I've made some serious progress this week.  Smokey's been helping with this project.  :)


5)  Chad and I tried out a new bar last night - Westport Ale House.  This has been advertised as a craft beer bar, but I must say that it's more like a sports bar with very minimal craft beer.  They have a decent quantity of different beers, but they are your typical - not rare at all - craft beers.  They do have a nice representation of KC & Kansas beers...many of which are quite good.  Needless to say that we were a little disappointed in the "craft" part of this place, but the food was decent.  I'd have to say that the apps look to be the best things on the menu.  We had their jalapeno bottle caps.  (Sorry, no pic.)  They were round slices of fresh jalapenos with a light tempura batter and chipotle ranch for dipping - super yum!  My jalapeno cheddar brat was decent - flash fried, I believe - but the jalapeno pretzel bread bun was disappointing.  Chad had a jalapeno burger that was average.  I don't think we'll rush to go back, but it's a good place to hang with friends and watch a game.

This week will prove to be another busy one, but looking forward to my mom and John visiting next weekend.  Enjoy the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment