Background

Friday, April 25, 2014

Forks & Corks

Last night Chad & I volunteered for Forks & Corks - an annual event downtown KC that benefits Harvester's.  UHC really promotes volunteering.  It's something that I truly enjoy but don't often make time for...so I'm trying to make more time to do so.  

Forks & Corks is right up our alley though.  It was held in the Grand Ballroom of the Convention Center - a ridiculously large room that held several breweries, wineries or wine distributors, and KC restaurants.  Each restaurant had 1-2 "bites".  So basically the patrons just walk around and eat/drink for hours!

Here's a couple pics I snagged of the event from my volunteer location.
(This was before the event started, so it's a bit empty...and just one corner of the room.)



Our volunteer job was to guard the silent auction.  Definitely an easy job, but oh so torturous!  We basically stood in the middle of the room watching everyone eat/drink for the first 90 min!  (I did manage to sneak away a couple times to fill my glass and grab a snack.)  Once our shift was over, we got to enjoy the event!

Here's Chad in his stylish Forks & Corks apron...scowling at me for taking his pic.  LOL!



This was the UHC bunch that volunteered that night.  Fun times!



This weekend Judy is visiting.  More fun times ahead!
Cheers!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment