Background

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekend Catch Up

I haven't had a chance to blog recently, so I'm playing catch up on tonight's post.

We had the chance to go visit Calyn, Ben & fam a couple of weekends ago for a late celebration of Miles's 1st Birthday!  Thank goodness you don't remember much when you're 13 months old.  LOL!  Better late than never, right?

Here's a few pics of the fun afternoon...





I got to feed Mr. Miles a couple of times.  Obviously, in this pic, there was something much more entertaining than the food.



Hanging out with Uncle Chad




Love that they both have the same expression in this pic!  Chad was asked to watch Miles, so he climbed right in with him.  Coolest Uncle ever!



We also took the opportunity to have a spontaneous "shower" for my step-brother, Jerod, and his girlfriend, Kerry.  She's is due this Summer!  I can't wait to be an Aunt again!



Kerry has two cute little girls, and they're about to have a third!  Poor Jerod - he's definitely outnumbered!  Here's a cute pic of the girls with Lehni...



...and one of just Lehni, of course!  So gorgeous!



What a fun Sunday!!  This past weekend was a bit more low key.  We started off Saturday participating with the UHC team in Walk for Wishes, which is a fundraiser walk for the Make A Wish Foundation.  I used to volunteer for Make A Wish when I was back in IL.  What a fabulous foundation!!  I really hope that I can find the time in KC to volunteer again.  Who wouldn't want to make a child's wish come true?!?!

The walk itself was kind of comical.  I hadn't paid any attention to the details of the walk other than the start time.  When we arrived I found out that the walk was only 1 mile.  Miss Johnson County led everyone in the walk - outfit, tiara, sash and all.  LOL!  Needless to say it wasn't the exercise I was looking for, but it was definitely worth it for the cause!  If you know me at all, you know that I HEART mascots!  I missed the KC Chiefs mascot that day, but found another...the UMKC mascot!




After the walk we headed down to an area of downtown KC called the West Bottoms.  This is a warehouse district on the West side of downtown, which houses a lot of vintage, antique and craft stores.  We're not vintage/antique people, but we wanted to check it out.  I've heard that there's a lot of reclaimed wood crafters.  Now KC has an event each month called First Fridays.  It's on - you guessed it - the first Friday of the month.  It's an event that includes walking around downtown checking out art galleries in the Crossroads District...and many of the restaurants downtown have specials too.  The West Bottoms always has their Warehouse Weekends that Friday-Sunday of the same weekend...and boy is it packed!  We barely made it through 1/3 of the warehouses.  Can't wait to go back.  Here's a shot I took while walking...




This weekend Rebecca is visiting!  Looking forward to a little girl time - shopping, mani/pedi, wine!  Yay!  Here's a shot of Smokey keeping Rebecca's sheets warm.  (I obviously let them sit out too long - had to re-wash them.  LOL!)




I'll provide an update on Smokey soon.  We're off to the vet tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Cheers!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment