Background

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Birthday Weekend!

This past weekend was my birthday weekend, and I can say that we definitely did it up right!  Thursday we celebrated with friends at Barrel 31.  I've mentioned it before, but they have the best food and drink, and it's only a mile from the house.  I really have some great KC friends, and they truly spoiled me this year. 


My family also spoiled me with makeup (Urban Decay, Tarte & Butter), jewelry and Athleta dollars!  Yay!  Friday, Chad surprised with with tickets to the ballet - Cinderella.  First we headed to Michael Smith's, as we do every year for my birthday, for some fabulous food. 




Chad being crazy




We always have such good food here!  I ordered the halibut...



...and Chad ordered the duck breast.



We capped off our meal with an amazing dark chocolate & apricot torte with maple bacon ice cream!  Delish!



After dinner we headed over to the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts - an amazing building not far from where we live.  Here's the outside of Kauffman...



...and here's a shot of our building (all the way to the right) from inside Kauffman.



Here's a few more shots of inside the Kauffman Center lobby.  Quite breathtaking!





Cinderella was great - actually more of a comedy than I expected - but still quite good.  Prior to this, I had only been to the Nutcracker (which I love) several times.  So it was good to see another performance.  We both really enjoyed the evening and are looking forward to the Alice in Wonderland ballet performance coming our way in October.  

Saturday was more of a low key day.  We started off the day with breakfast & a mimosa at The Corner Restaurant and then headed to one of KC's outdoor shopping malls, since the weather was fabulous!  We returned from shopping and took a walk in the park next to our building - Penn Valley Park.  It's really quite fabulous to live in the city and have a large park next to your building.  I haven't gotten to take an pics myself to date, so here's a couple I found on the internet.  It even has baseball diamonds and a dog park.


At the end of the park near our building there's a historic statue. The Scout, which we walked down to on Saturday.  It's got one of the best views of the city and it's often depicted in pictures and art.



We had a full previous two days, so we decided to grab a pizza and stay in for the evening...but capped off the evening with my most favorite champagne.  Happy Birthday to me!!!!  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment