Background

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

This week started out a bit rough for our department at work, and though nothing has changed throughout the week, I think I'm in a better place now.  The Stages of Change & The Stages of Grieving are similar to one another.  It's super important to be self-aware of what stage one is currently in to respond appropriate to others at work.  Although, I made it all the way through the stages this week, it encompassed most of my week.  So I'm choosing to focus this post on happy thoughts of the week.  

My Favorite "Things"

1) I bought a new reusable work cup at Starbucks this week.  Love the champagne color & faceted design.  As much as I don't want Monday to come, I'm excited to start using it!



















2) Attended a fabulous wine dinner at The Majestic on Wednesday night for Vermeil Wines.  This was my first time at the historic Majestic and boy was it delish!  The 4-course dinner started out with mussels and ended with manchego gougeres with fresh berries...and had duck confit tart & a petite filet in the middle!  Yumm-o!  Chrystal and I even had our pic with Coach Vermeil!  Fun night!















3)  We spent Thursday night at our favorite spot in our hood - Barrel 31.  I had the pleasure of meeting Chad's friend/colleague, Marc, who was in town from Billings for a conference.  Good food & good company!  He even tolerated my sarcasm & my "dislike" for Montana.  (Yes, I know that I've never been there, but there are so many other places I'd prefer to go first!)


4)  Friday I received the last of my birthday presents in the mail.  (Well, almost the last.  I still have an Athleta GC to use - hopefully, next weekend.)  This was a self-purchased gift - one of the best kinds.  Saw this dress in the store at Ann Taylor Loft and loved it.  It's a comfy material but looks a bit more elegant that a lot of maxis.  It runs large like most things at Loft - always nice to buy a "smaller" size!  LOL!  I'm picturing wearing this in Sonoma next month.





















5)  Organization!  I've always loved pics of organized pantries where everything is labeled and has its own place!  So I recently purchased some new Tupperware containers from a work colleague.  While waiting for those to arrive, I found these adorable vinyl stickers on Etsy and picked up a chalk marker at Target.  I love the result so much that I'm actually thinking of ordering more Tupperware! Showing a little love for my OCD tendencies.  LOL!
















Lehni & Miles are visiting me later today - Fun!  Better get my butt off to barre, so I can start my day.  Hoping for a picnic outside later with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment