Background

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Birthday Weekend Recap

Last weekend we celebrated my 38th (ouch!) birthday AND Mother's Day!!  It was my "first" mother's day...and my only kid-less Mother's Day that I'll have.  It was a very productive and fun weekend.



We kicked off the weekend with a birthday dinner at Bristol on Friday night followed by a yummy brunch on Sunday - both with delicious mocktails!!  Chad had given me an early birthday gift a week or so ago - a Kate Spade zodiac bracelet.  Love that it's the perfect green and goes great with my watch!!  Then the best husband in the world surprised me with a picture of The Eiffel Tower.  Love, love, love that the view of it is exactly where we sat when we were there...just to the right of the carousel!!!  Can't wait to hang this in our new place!!

We spent Saturday purchasing new appliances for our new home - expensive but fun!  Chad's going to have to take up a part-time job after that visit.  LOL!


Sunday we headed back down to Buy Buy Baby to submerge ourselves in the strollers once again.  Remember last post when I mentioned how many strollers they had?  Well, here's a visual for you...and this is only about half of them!!  It was a good experience this visit though.  We had done our research and went with an agenda...to test certain strollers.  Then one that I had originally thought I'd like the best ended up being waaaayyy to heavy for my back.  So glad we tested these out!



 

We also spent time touring the KC Parade of Homes - a free tour of more than a hundred homes located all over the city and its suburbs.  It's fun to pick and choose which ones you want to tour.  We spent a portion of Saturday touring neighborhoods in the Northland near our new home and Sunday we toured homes in the Southern suburbs.  I haven't done that much walking or stair climbing in a over a trimester.  LOL!  Good exercise!!  Here's a pic of some of the fun lighting that we saw on the tour...


...and some fireplace inspiration, as we plan to change ours up a bit.




This past week has been super busy and this weekend and next week won't be much different.  We had a fun evening with our designer on Tuesday picking out paint colors  (I'll share soon!), and Thursday evening with our realtor talking over final details on our new home.  This weekend is filled with Yankee's/Royal's games all weekend.  Then it all comes to a head on Friday when we close on our new home!!  Let the painting & light remodeling begin!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment