Background

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Splurge!

Friday night we went shopping and I completely splurged at DSW!  I heart DSW!!!  I've been wanting a pair of brown riding boots since last season...and I finally got them...along with 3 other pairs of shoes.  Ha!  I'm also very into most Guess shoes.  I found a fantastic pair of camel heels on the clearance racks.  Score!!  Here's a pic of the new additions...

Saturday morning I headed to the gym in for my 2nd of 27 workouts on this new Couch to 5K running program that I'm trying.  I've never been much of a runner.  I tried a couple years ago but ended up with major shin splints and a minor back problem.  I HATE not being able to do something...so I'm trying it again.  I believe that I may have increased my distance too fast last time.  The pros say that you shouldn't increase distance more than 10% a week, which I definitely didn't stick to.  This new program is a running program for non-runners.  It increases endurance and distance ever so slowly over the course of 9 weeks.  There's even an app for my iPhone that triggers you when to walk and run!  I figure if I cannot tolerate running this way then I'm definitely not a runner.

We didn't do much the remainder of the day.  I'm super behind on work projects due to recent events, so I spent much of Saturday afternoon working after working around the house for a bit.  This afternoon we are headed out to Chesterworld for dinner at Chad's friend, Jaime's, parents house.  So this morning I am baking some pumpkin squares to take for dessert.  The house smells heavenly...very Fall-like!  At least I can sit here and smell the yumminess while I work.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Love the shoes!!! Miss you guys! Post the recipe for the pumpkin bars :-)

    ReplyDelete