Background

Monday, February 9, 2015

All Grown Up

I've never been consistent about taking care of my skin.  I know that I need to take care of it - especially my face - but I just never do.  I'm actually pretty good about moisturizing but that's about it.  Occasionally this weighs on my mind and I vow to be better.  I buy a cleanser and the ritual typically lasts less than a week.  I just don't make the time for it and typically go to bed with the remnants of that day's makeup still on my face.  Horrible, right?!?!  I know, I know - but I still do it.

So since my NY Resolution was to do things that I'm passionate about.  I need to be passionate about skin care...but I AM passionate about ME!  LOL!  This means that I need to take better care of myself!!  I MUST take better care of myself!!  So here goes...

I read a ton of blogs via Bloglovin' with a variety of different focuses.  I've been keeping an eye on those that recommend certain skin care products, but the amount of skin care options out there is really overwhelming.  It's kind of crazy really!  I found myself spending time on various websites (Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom) perusing different skin care products but not actually buying anything.  It seemed like such a commitment to make without being sure of the product itself.  I mean skin care is such a personal decision based on your type of skin, which even tends to change over time.  Mine has changed from super oily to a bit drier as I've "aged".  Ouch.  Such a horrible word!  

Anyway, I decided that I would ask around on Facebook to see what others were using.  I think I got around 15 responses all recommending different products.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I thought that I'd never be able to decide.  After a few more days of scouring websites, I did it!  I finally made a decision!  Woot woot!

I decided upon a line by Ole Henrisken, which was recommended by a good friend of mine.  What actually did it for me was that I could buy this cute little sample pack for a very reasonable price.  So I get to try 7 different products!  I've been using it for a week now, and I can actually say that my skin feels soooo much better.  Even though I was good about moisturizing before, it feels more hydrated now...and a bit tighter.  Now any products used consistently for a week would probably make my face feel better.  LOL!  Now I just need to get through another week of use to hit the two week "habit building" threshold!  I am finding myself looking forward to the short ritual every night though.




Wish me luck!

Cheers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment