Background

Monday, August 10, 2015

Chad's 42nd!

Another year has come and gone for the Hubs...and sadly I didn't accomplish taking but 2 photos...none of which are of Chad.  LOL!  #birthdayfail

This year I managed to get some treats of my own for Chad's birthday.  We started the weekend by purchasing a new MacBook Pro for me!  Yahoo!  My current laptop is dying a slow death - constant issues.  I wanted to be ready for Gnocchi's arrival and all the pics we'd be taking, so it wasn't an option in my eyes to wait any longer.  Missouri had it's Back To School Tax Free shopping weekend this weekend - gotta love it!  We ended up with discounts for that and an educator discount (since Chad works for the university).  Can't beat it!  Now I'm just working on learning Mac-style...much more difficult than it sounds.  

I'm totally in love with my new "mini" (my nickname for it, since it's a 13").  I downsized from "Big Red", my 17" Dell.  I thought it would be horrible, but the screen is quite nice.  Also totally loving the fact that it syncs directly to my phone...pics, texts, etc.  I've got so much more to learn though!!!

Saturday was spent getting  couples massage at the Spa on Penn...prenatal for me & relaxation/therapeutic for him.  This was our first time at this spa, and I'd definitely go back.  Everything was clean, staff were professional and prices were competitive.  I booked it since we've been working so hard lately and didn't get to go on the baby moon we had hoped to!  I hadn't had a massage in a year, and Chad's last massage was on our honeymoon...almost 3 years ago!!!  It didn't disappoint however!  It was quite heavenly, and I'm always surprised how fast that hour flies by!  

We ended the day with a delicious dinner at Bristol Seafood.  This is another place that doesn't disappoint...always consistent with yummy food & excellent service!  I always go for their scrumptious Lobster Cobb salad and Chad had the fresh salmon.  I did manage two pics at Bristol...one of our divine dessert...


Strawberry Shortcake with lemon cake & roasted strawberry ice cream



...and the other, a bathroom selfie of me.  LOL!  
#30weeks



Sunday was back to the normal grind...housework, bills, grocery shopping, etc.  It was a fun weekend though, and we're looking forward to our 3D ultrasound scheduled on Monday!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment