Background

Monday, August 3, 2015

The 5th & 6th Months

My how time flies when you're having fun!  I'm obviously super late in posting these.  it's been truly crazy around these parts lately.  I look back at this time frame and it seems like so long ago.  We've actually accomplished so much since then, but we still have quite a way to go.  

I celebrated by 38th birthday during my 17th week of pregnancy.  I definitely am glad that I waited until later in life to have a child...but I still feel like an "old momma".  I picture Chad & I being the oldest parents in the school.  LOL!  At this point, I still hadn't felt Gnocchi move yet, so I was using the Doppler a couple of times a week...mostly to make myself feel better.  :)



We closed on our new home this week!  It was truly bittersweet!  I was ecstatic to start designing & decorating our new home - the home in which we'll raise our sweet little man!  On the other hand, I was super sad to be leaving our friends at One Park Place.  We loved our little community there - not to mention our awesome condo & its amenities.

At this point, my iced tea cravings had really started to kick in....AND I FINALLY FELT GNOCCHI MOVE!  Yahoo!!!



Week 20 was awesome!  My mom came in town, and we all went for a Level 2 Ultrasound.  Wow!  What an amazing experience!!  We basically got to watch Gnocchi move around for about 30 minutes.  It made it so much more real!


 Here's a few of my favorite pics...
The upside down gymnast



Mr. Muscles
 
It's All Good, Man!

 

Week 20 consisted of continued bliss from the ultrasound the week before, more iced tea cravings and lots of new home planning.
 
 



Week 21 began and ended with bathroom trips.  LOL!  For some reason, I thought that this pregnancy symptom came along later.  Not true.  Barely showing but definitely know where the bathroom is!  I also started to have some back/rib pain about this time - very uncomfortable.  I knew I'd have back pain during the pregnancy, but it's very different than how I pictured it.



Week 22 commenced with work on our house, as well as a contract on our condo.  Yahoo!!  Baby planning was on hold while we focused on the house.  Back/rib pain & iced tea cravings continue.  
 


Week 23 - we moved into the new house!!  Again exciting and bittersweet all at the same time!  Mom & John came into town to help us since my stamina just isn't what it used to be.  Thank goodness for the help!  I'd probably still be unpacking.  LOL!
 


Week 24 - more back/rib pain.  Boo!  This week we were able to plan for both the new house, as well as the baby.  It really felt good to start baby planning again!!


We've accomplished so much more in the last month!  Stay tuned for more Gnocchi updates!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment