Background

Friday, January 8, 2016

Grey's World: Trois Mois

Since I posted Grey's two month update late, this three month update seems crazy early.  LOL.  Alas!  Our little man is 3 months old!



{about 15lbs & 24 inches}

{Favorites:  Singing The Alphabet song or You Are My Sunshine, babbling, smiling, playing on my Play Mat & riding in the car.}

{Dislikes:  washing my hair &  Tummy Time}

This month signifies the end of maternity leave and my return to work.  *sigh*  Yes, I did it.  I went back to work.  It's only been a few days, and it went better than expected...BUT I still don't like it!  I wish our family could afford for me to take some additional time off, but it is what it is.  We both must work.  

The first week and a half of my return to work resulted in Chad staying home with Grey.  This was his first time home with Grey all day...and they both did great!!  Chad is really great with Grey...and Grey loves his Daddy! This helped with my transition back to work knowing that Grey was home with family.  Next week Daddy goes out of town for a week and Oma comes to visit!  More fun!

Grey continues to do exceptionally well in his 3rd month even though we've had a few frustrating issues to deal with.  First off, he developed a horrible diaper rash at the end of his 2nd month.  We tried multiple remedies (various barrier creams, anti-fungal cream, baking soda soaks, etc.)  Nothing worked until the doc prescribed Mupiricin cream...or "miracle cream" as I like to call it.  He showed improvement after 48 hrs of using this cream.  Yahoo!

Grey also continued to struggle with reflux this month.  We switched to Enfamil Nutramigen formula early in the 3rd month.  This formula is quite expensive but seemed to help both his painful gas and his reflux.  We also changed from Zantac 3x/day to Prilosec 2x/day towards the end of December.  It always takes a couple of weeks for new meds to kick in, so we're just starting to feel the effects...but I have high hopes.

Despite these hurdles, Grey continues to thrive. He's either smiling or very serious.  He loves the "ABC" song, as well as "You Are My Sunshine".  He has rolled from tummy to back 3 times, but all those were "accidents".  He is also starting to reach & grab at his toys like a pro!  We even conquered a 10 day trip back to the Lou!

We're looking forward to many more good times in the coming month.  I'll leave you with a few of our favorite shots from Grey's 3rd month!

Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment