Background

Monday, March 15, 2010

Irish I was drunk...

Wow!  I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged.  I always seem crazy busy but then cannot figure out what to say when people ask me what' I've been doing.  LOL!

Two weekends ago we ventured out to a new tap room and wine bar called The Bridge.  What a great place!  It's definitely not the cheapest place, but what a great selection of draught beer (in 4 different sizes), bottled beer, wine and a superb selection of cheeses.  You must try the Chimay Trappist cheese!  Yumm-o!!  This was the perfect place for a temporary vegetarian to eat.  Sorry for the fuzzy pic, but it was a bit dark inside.



So I'm still trying to psych myself up to eat some meat.  I've progressed to the place where I think that meat dishes sound good, but I still can't bring myself to actually consume beef, pork or chicken.  Needless to say that I've been eating a lot of seafood...and cheese.  I've found a new affinity to seafood risotto, which probably isn't the best for me.  This vegetarian diet might actually not be so healthy.  Ha!  My family is actually starting to take bets on how long it will be before I eat meat again.  It is seeming to average out to a year.  Better get your bets in soon!!!


So this past weekend we headed out to the St. Pat's festivities in downtown STL.  Many of my friends ran in the 10K in the morning.  Chad, Vicky and I met everyone downtown to grab a bite to eat at TGIF's (not a vegetarian friendly place by the way) and have drinks after the race and watch (or not watch) the parade.  Here are some pics...




What the heck is Judy drinking?  Lush!

 
Cheers!


Gotta love self-portraits...
Judy cutting a rug...


Hope everyone had a great weekend and crazy St. Pat's day!!!

 

3 comments:

  1. Look at the pot-a-porties behind Judy, high 6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww - looks like you guys had so much FUN! I am still bummed that we were not able to meet up with ya's - I really want to check out The Bridge - sounds awesome! I will have to see if I have any good veggie recipes for you too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki...LOL!
    Ashley...we definitely missed you and Chad! Let's get together soon! I'll be looking forward to the recipes!!

    ReplyDelete