Background

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole...

What a busy weekend!  Friday night Chad and I headed up to the Wine Tap.  Haven't been there in quite a while.  We had a quick salad and pizza and then headed home to catch up on some TV.


Saturday we had to take the cats to the vet.  Yuck!  It's such an ordeal.  They have to be the worst cats there but the vet assures me they are not.  Even though, they definitely are not stellar vet-goers!  They actually "scream" when the vet is dealing with them even before they actually get their injection.  It's quite embarrassing to walk out of the exam room and have all the other pet owners staring at you.  : (  
I actually had Chad go with me this time.  It was his first vet experience for my cats...and those of you that know us, know how much Chad likes cats.  He was very helpful though.  It was good to have someone else there for moral support.  At least were good for another year...hopefully.


Saturday night we met Mom and John up at Olivia's for a little bit of birthday celebration for my Mom, whose birthday was earlier this month.  This was their first visit to Olivia's, and I believe they enjoyed themselves very much.  We went earlier in the day, so it wasn't as crowded, and we could converse with Rick quite a lot.  Then we headed off to STL to the Moolah Theater to see Alice in Wonderland in 3-D.  It was a great movie.  I really liked how it was a bit darker than previous Alice movies, but exactly what one would expect from Tim Burton.  Johnny Depp was amazing!  Finally we headed down the street to Triumph Grill for some dinner.  This is one of mine and Chad's favorite places to eat in STL (outside of Sage).  We had some good grub and more good wine.  What a great night!  Happy Bday Mom!


Today Chad and I had a Skype wake-up call.  Chad got to converse with his mom in NY and his brother, Ryan, and Tanya in S. Africa!  This was quite a nice surprise!  Chad hadn't talked to his brother in quite some time.  Now if we could only get Ryan and Tanya over to the U.S.  : )   We should be receiving some more of the wedding pics from S. Africa soon.  I'll share them when we receive them.  The remainder of the day I just painted some doors & trim and changed out some door hinges and door knobs.  One of these days I'll get this house in order and ready to sell.  It seems to take forever though.


Hope everyone had a good weekend.  It's going to be a busy week for me.  I have to travel to KC at the end of the week for work.  

1 comment:

  1. Getting your house ready to sell? I know it's going to happen when Chad is done with his PhD but it seems like it's coming way too soon :(

    ReplyDelete