Background

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Vegetarian? Carnivore?

Yes, it's true folks.  I just might be turning into a vegetarian...at least short-term anyway.  I have not been able to consume any chicken, beef or pork since my bout of food poisoning last week.  I can't even think of eating any meat without making my stomach turn.  Seafood seems to be ok though.  I know it's completely psychological right now, but it's completely taking over me...whatever it is.  I'm sure I'll convert back to a carnivore in the future...just not sure how soon.  I was raised on steak and love it, but it's going to take a bit for the chicken.  The most unfortunate thing about all of this is I now must give up my precious Buffalo Chicken Salad at Jefferson's.  *sniff* *sniff*

As I may have mentioned before, I lost 3 lbs. last week during all of this.  So now my goal is to ramp up my exercise and keep it off...and lose some more.  Tonight was my first day back at the gym in a week and a half.  Last week took so much out of me that my stamina was so low.  Now I'm working on building it back up.  Took spinning tonight and it felt great.  The exercise isn't the problem though.  It's the appetite which I need to work on keeping at a reasonable level.  I haven't even had a drop of alcohol during all of this either.  However, that will change tomorrow.  I'm meeting Judy for drinks & looking forward to it!

Looks like bootcamp is starting up soon too...few weeks to go.  Ready to hang with my fellow bootcampers.  I haven't seen them in a bit.  Let's go girls!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, not the buffalo chicken salad! At least you still have the pickles and Shock Top :)

    Yeah bootcamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vegetarian?!! yikes, we can still be friends though ;) I'm ready for bootcamp too - can't believe how chunky monkey I have gotten the past few weeks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete