Background

Friday, April 30, 2010

April Showers...

Wow, it's been a bit since I've blogged.  Here's what I've been up to.

Chad and I hit up our second Opening Day festivities for the Cardinals in early April!  This year was soooo much better!!  Last year Chad and I froze our asses off with Julie & Rob!  It was so cold & snowy.  Can you believe it?!?!  This year was much warmer.  There's nothing like taking off a half-day from work on a nice day, kicking back, and drinking some beers while watching the Cards!  It's even better that I can see the office from Busch and know that all my colleagues are still working.  He he!

Here's a couple of pics...

 


Yes, it's true.  April showers bring May flowers.  I've been really behind on all of my yard work this year since it rained for the last few weekend.  So I decided to take the day off today and get a bit caught up.  Lucky for me...Mom was off today too.  I got so much more done with her help.  Thanks, Mom!

Here's a few pics of the newly mulched landscaping.  (Please disregard the ugly window flower boxes and the dilapidated porch railing.  Those are my next projects.)



My lilac bush!  It smells so good when it blooms.  I wish I had more of these.


This is a very old azalea bush that was here when I moved in.  It barely bloomed before last year when Mom pruned & fertilized it.  Go Mom!


Tomorrow we're off to the STL Microfest in Forest Park!  Very excited!!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

 

1 comment:

  1. Love your house Lisa - yard looks awesome! See ya in a few hours - CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete