Background

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A few minor projects

So I thought I'd post a few pics of the minor home improvements I've been working on.  I've definitely been watching way too much HGTV.  I totally heart Sabrina Soto!!!

So my house had a totally country vibe when I bought it.  The mailbox on the outside of the house was a barn.  The flower boxes have heart cutouts in them...still.  (These will be removed this summer.  I HATE hearts.)  There was wallpaper with barns on it in the kitchen, which is one of the first things I removed prior to moving in!  Here's a pic of the kitchen prior to moving in.  I can't resist showing you the mess I started with!  I've changed a bunch since then...including the cabinet hardware! 


Well, it wasn't any different with my house numbers.  I wish I would have remembered to take a pic of it prior to removing it.  It was a wooden sign with wooden blocks for each number.  It had hearts painted on it and the words "Home Sweet Home" on it.  I have no idea why it's taken me 5 years to change it, but here's the new version...


I've also been working on the bedroom.  My bedroom used to be two separate small rooms...I think.  Anyway, now it's a bedroom/office.  Each side has one very small closet.  I take up both currently, but want to make room for Chad...just in case that boy ever decides to migrate over to the East Side.  I spent most of yesterday working on closets, moving things around and reorganizing.  I ended up with multiple bags of trash, 1 huge bag of giveaways...including 5 pairs of shoes.  Here's the final result...
Lastly, Chad and I purchased some new bedding.  Chad is really into white bedding, but I didn't want it to look too formal like a hotel.  Here's what we ended up with.  Kind of shabby chic, but maybe a bit more formal.  Either way, it's so comfy looking.  I love it!


That's all for now kids!  Hope you like the updates!!


No comments:

Post a Comment