Background

Monday, July 12, 2010

Not so happy Monday...

I'm sitting here nursing a sore mouth from my afternoon...yes, I said "afternoon"...at the dentist.  I was there for about 2 hours...longer than anticipated.  The dentist is one of my least favorite places on earth...mostly if I have to have something done that requires a Novocaine injection.  I've had two bad experiences with Novocaine.  I'm really not a fan now and tend to work myself up a bit when I have to get it.  Someone how I had managed to crack my tooth from the top all the way down to the gumline.  So today, I had to go in for a temporary crown...something I've never had done and was quite worried about it.  It was going as well as can be expected until he found a crack in the tooth next to the one that was receiving a crown.  Luckily, the fracture was much smaller and required only some bonding, but this made the appointment much long than expected.  Chad was a trooper and went with me, since he knew how nervous I was about the whole thing.  I know that it was difficult for him to miss work, but I don't think it was too horrible for him.  He didn't seem to be too upset about having to sit in the waiting room and play with the new iPad for 2 hours.  : )

On a lighter note, the weekend was quite fun!  Friday was Tour de Belleville.  I rode with my friends, Judy & Vicki.  It was my third time riding in this particular event.  It was Vicki's second time and Judy's first time.  We started out the riding with some food & drink at The Wine Tap...and then we rode over to the starting line a bit before 9pm.  We did well overall!  We finished in 1:25 with only one quick short water break.  Afterwards, Judy, Vicki, Chad & I went to Big Daddy's for a few more celebratory brews.

Saturday night was trivia at Holy Trinity Catholic church in Fairview Heights.  I hadn't been to a trivia night in quite some time.  I almost forgot how fun they were.  We couldn't decide what food to bring and didn't have time to make much.  Chad came up with the idea to hit up The Cupcakery in STL for some gourmet cupcakes.  What a great idea!  They were a hit!  I'm so glad we held a couple back for our BBQ the next day.  Otherwise they would have all been gone!  We didn't do so hot a trivia though.  We were in 5th place most of the night until the last few rounds kick our booty.  I have no idea what place we ended up in...but it was much less than 5th place.  LOL!

Sunday we headed on over to our friends', Ashley & Chad's, house for a BBQ.  We had all kinds of good food.  I even ate some meat and it didn't upset my stomach.  Woo hoo!  I'm on my way back to being a carnivore again.  Ha!  We had a great time there eating, drinking & watching the World Cup Final.  I brought over the last two Graceland cupcakes from The Cupcakery.  Yumm-o!!

Tomorrow it's back to work again with another busy week.  Thank goodness my boss comes back later this week.  Although, I don't think things will slow down that much.
Hope everyone has a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment