Background

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bingo!

Yesterday was officially my last day with Coventry Healthcare.  I am happy to move on to new endeavors but sad to leave my friends behind.  I have built many frienships during the 10+ years that I was with Coventry.  I left those behind when I moved to KC, but I was still connected with them as we all still worked for the same company.  This is no longer.  We will have to work a bit harder to stay in touch, but at least there's FB, email, and text.  Staying connected isn't as difficult as it once was.  I feel like I lost of part of me when I walked out those doors yesterday.  I was actually more upset than I realized.  I think this is because I didn't directly "choose" to leave the company.  I chose to leave earlier than I needed to, but ultimately I had to leave anyway.  So here begins a new decade...one of change...and change is good.

Last night, we had tickets to a bingo event held at Boulevard Brewery benefitting Sleepyhead Beds, a charity that provides beds to children in need.  What a fun event!  The tickets included all you can drink Boulevard beers and all you can eat, as well as 10 rounds of bingo.  Each round had different prizes including a king size bed, home theater system, golf package, etc.

Here's a view of our table





I was channeling Round 10.  The prize was a tasting menu prepared by renowned KC chef, Michael Smith!  




Here's some pics of our crew...Jen & Jeff (meteorologists that work with Chad)




Kelsey, Tom and Derek
(Kelsey & Derek work with Chad, and Tom is a on-air meteorologist at KCTV5)


We did not end up winning the tasting menu, but Chad did win a Sonos sound system with wireless iPod dock.  Yahoo!  Good times!



This morning, I'm being lazy and will work towards productivity this afternoon.  I'm actually hoping to get a lot done in the next 5 days before I start my new job on Monday.  I'm even planning on putting up a few Christmas decorations...for Chad.  Cheers to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment