Background

Friday, December 12, 2014

Flyin' Solo

This past weekend the hubs was out of town visiting his brother who was in from South Africa, which means I was flying solo for the weekend. It was the perfect weekend of girl time, laziness, cooking & shopping!

I kicked off the weekend with some girl time - happy hour at Jax Fish House!  A couple friends work in the same building as Jax, so it's a HH that is frequented often.  If you haven't been there yet, go now!  I haven't actually eaten off of their dinner menu yet, but their HH menu is superb!  I've gotten the curry mussels each time and never leave disappointed. 

Saturday morning was a bit rough - not from the HH - but just due to a few personal things...but that was cured quickly with a little retail therapy.  I headed out to The Legends early, as I thought it was going to be mobbed, but it was completely dead.  Yahoo!  Getting in and out of The Legends quickly meant I had time for a few other stores!  I accomplished quite a lot, I must say.  I only have two more people to buy for, and I have gifts in mind already.  This never happens!  Go me!

Saturday evening, I made some Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese for dinner.  It's basically a lightened up version of mac & cheese (very little cheese & low fat milk) and it quite healthy with the added squash.  It was actually pretty good.  It at least makes me feel a bit better about eating carbs!  LOL!






My goal Saturday evening was just to relax.  I needed some chill time desperately!  I even tried to take a bath - something I literally never do.  It just feels so weird to just sit there in a tub of water.  I know people find it relaxing, but I'm just not sure what to do.  I brought some magazines in with me, but I quickly got bored of those.  Oh well.  I'm giving myself an "A" for effort!  Maybe I'll attempt it again in a few years.  LOL!  The remainder of the evening was spent with a fire, wine and one of my favorite movies...The Holiday.  Who can resist a little Jude Law?!




Sunday involved a bit more shopping, laundry, cooking, computer work...and a bit of relaxing in the evening.  I'm missed the hubs terribly but was ever so grateful for the bit of "me" time that I had. We have our OPP Holiday Party tonight with plans to bake & wrap presents the remainder of the weekend.  Hope all of you have fun plans too!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment