Background

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Update...healthier lifestyle day #2

Phew!  I forgot how tough this was!  I've really been off my game the last 6 mos...Africa trip, bronchitis, rib issues, car accidents!  Is someone trying to keep me from the gym???  Can't be!  So I've made the typical, cliche' resolution...get healthier!  Much to Chad's dismay...I'm taking him on the calorie-cutting train with me.  Ha!


So I downloaded this new app for my iPhone...Lose It!  It assists you in tracking your weight, calorie intake, nutrients...and even comes up with a daily calorie intake max after you enter in how much weight you want to lose.  My goal...10 lbs in 2 months, which is probably quite unrealistic for me.  I lose weight ever so slow...even when I diet and exercise.  Blah!  I'm going to get close to that goal though.

So today is Day #2 of the calorie tracking and decreased calorie intake.  Yesterday wasn't bad...half of a fruit smoothie for breakfast, turkey lettuce roll-ups with cheese for lunch, clementines for a snack and then left-over pork fried rice for dinner.  Today was more difficult.  I'm much more hungry...and quite crabby because of it.   To top it off I had a crappy, crappy afternoon and left work quite late.  I really wanted a glass of wine...my evening standard after bad work days.  BUT I didn't!  I retrained myself!  Yay!  I figured no wine since I didn't work out!  I'm saving the alcohol for weekends...or girl's nights.  Ha!


I hope you all are doing well with your New Year's resolutions!  Keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I did pretty good this week with eating....that is until Friday! Then we got wings yesterday...not so good :( Back at it tomorrow and - damn I want this snow & cold to go away so I can get to training!!! I'm with ya on limiting alcohol to weekends and GNO - or at least trying ;)

    ReplyDelete