Background

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weekend Project Unveiled

So here it is...the results of an extremely expensive shopping trip and 3 days of manual labor....new window treatments.  I know, I know.  It's actually pathetic that it's taken me 4 years to get these up, but I've just had so much more to do around here.  

So the living room had these "cottage-like" shutters.  The style of the person who sold me my house was completely country...not like me at all.  I've tried to make these work in a more modern decor, but I just got completely tired of them.  Plus, the window frame was so badly painted, that I just couldn't take it anymore.  I spent Saturday taking down the shutters, filling multiple holes in the window frame, sanding it, priming it and finally painting it.  It looks great now, but you can't see it.  See the before pic below...



The next two pics are of the bedroom...before.  I'm just getting around to decorating this room.  I finally purchased a matching set of furniture last year...pathetic again.  I know!  Now it's time to decorate!!









Wait for it...wait for it...
Ta Da!!!!!  The living room after....



...and the bedroom...






It was difficult work...hanging the curtains...but soooo worth it.  Everything looks so much nicer now.  Hope you like it!  Now on to the next project...

 

2 comments: