Background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Ups and Downs of the holidays...

Well as I mentioned in my previous posting, I hosted Xmas Eve at my place. Here's a few of the pics from that night. My dining room...




The Fillback Fam...


Mom & John...



OK, so I must apologize for the picture following this recipe. I forgot to take it prior to everyone digging in. Ha! It was quite yummy & a great finger food. I made this new recipe as an appetizer to the Xmas Eve meal...

Pesto Tortellini
Courtesy of Taste of Home

  • 4 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 2 Tbsp. oil, divided
  • 10 oz. pkg. refrigerated tortellini
  • 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 c. mayonnaise
  • 1/4 c. milk
  • 1/4 c. prepared pesto
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes
  • Frilled toothpicks
Directions:
  • Place garlic cloves on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 min. or until tender. Cool for 10-15 min.
  • Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain & rinse in cold water. Toss with remaining oil & set aside.
  • In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, milk, pesto & pepper. Mash garlic into pesto mixture; stir until combined.
  • Alternatively thread tortellini and tomatoes onto toothpicks. Serve with pesto dip. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yum!!!!

I also made a yummy glaze for the ham. Sorry, there's no pic of this one. I forgot to take it in all the hustle and bustle prior to serving the meal.
  • 6-8 lb. ham
  • 1 c. honey
  • 1/2 c. molasses
  • 1/2 c. bourbon
  • 1/4 c. orange juice
  • 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
Directions:
  • Combine the honey, molasses & bourbon & in a small pot on the stove over medium heat. Then stir in the last 2 ingredients.
  • Bake the ham at 325 degrees for 1.5 hours. Baste occasionally.



And the bad news of the holidays...

So, I was rear-ended on New Year's Eve Eve. Blah! I was just sitting at a stop light minding my own business and then...Bam! Actually the damage to my car isn't anywhere near as bad as the other driver's car...and no one was injured! Now it's more of a hassle than anything else. Here's a pic of the damage...

No comments:

Post a Comment