Background

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Attack cat!

Well, it's been another hell of a week at the office.  The staff are extremely nice, but the agreements of the aquisition are making it tough.  I've been here just about a month, and I still have so much to learn.  But it will all come in time I guess.  Enough about work...what a downer.

On to more positive things...
I've had three visits with my new chiropractor...Crossroads Chiropractic.  My back seems to be doing well.  She's even told me that I can start back to exercising...beginning with walking.  A lot of her techniques are very similar to my previous chiropractor, which is comforting.  The one machine that she has that the previous office didn't is a "roller table".  You lay on the table with moist heat and a roller rolls up and down your back.  It's so ridiculously relaxing!!  I could almost fall asleep.  The office has a great vibe too.  It's located in downtown KC, so there's lots of exposed brick and low lighting.  She has each "room" sectioned off with these hanging panels.  There's also a lot of cool art on the walls.  Very zen.

I also had my first "hair night" in KC...The Glam Room.  This was not the same without my mom, since we usually do these things together.  The salon, like the chiro, also has a great vibe.  (Check out the link above.)  Tabatha would be quite proud of this salon...very clean and modern with all the right touches.  It should be because it was about double from what I'm used to paying, but I knew that was going to be the case.  The previous salon that I had been going to was ridiculously reasonable.  *sigh*  What we girls pay to have good hair.

The only products used at this salon are Davines products.  They are very natural when compared to most products and smell wonderful.  However, I'm convinced that there is some kind of cat nip in them.  My kitty, Lucky, is always mesmerized by my hair when I get it colored.  She's always sniffing it or licking it...yes, licking.  When I got home this time, she basically attacked my head and started biting my hair & scalp.    I still can't get her to stop...even after I washed my hair.  It's crazy!!!!  I've looked online but can't seem to find a full list of ingredients for their products. 


Our dining room table was delivered this week.  We had originally purchased the table at I.O. Metro along with dining chairs, bar stools and an accent chair for our living room.  We found out that our table was on back order until at least the end of February.  As most of your know, I don't like to wait.  So we went out to Nebraska Furniture Mart last weekend with Mom and John.  I HEART NFM!!!!!  We found a very similar table for about $250 cheaper.  They delivered it this past Thursday.  Yahoo!  I've already called and cancelled the table from I.O. Metro.  Our bar stools should be in this week, so we'll have all the furniture delivered at one time...soon!  Here's our table...


Today we headed out to Tamale Wizardfor a late breakfast.  Their breakfasts are super yummy!  We need to go there for lunch or dinner soon.  It's about 3 blocks from the house...just a brisk walk. Here's my breakfast...chorizo and egg on a corn tortilla and potatoes.


Then we hit up the City Market for our normal weekend visit...stocking up on whatever we need to cook that week.  I think the City Market is probably my favorite thing about our location.  It's basically in our back yard...and so reasonable!  Check out our findings:
  • Lots of produce
  • Fresh baked bread from Bloom Baking Co.
  • Fresh ricotta, jalapeno cheese, prosciutto, parmesan cheese & noodles from Carollo's Italian Deli
  • And lots of samples from several of the vendors...super yum!
  •  





    Now off to Target and the grocery for the remaining items.  We have to drive a bit farther for these stores than we had to back home, but it's a minor trade off to being so close the the Farmer Market, wine shop and so many restaurants.  Hope everyone's weekend has started off as good as mine!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment