Background

Monday, January 16, 2012

Productive day off...

I'm so grateful to have had today off work!  Thank you, MLK!!!  We were quite productive this weekend, but mostly today.  We have now gone through every box that came through these doors.  Woo hoo!!  We did decide to save a few boxes to go through at a later date, but at least we know what's in them.  We also were able to get the guest bedroom set up...just in time for my Mom and John's arrival on Friday.  I do have a few more things that I want to get done this week...kind of organize the remaining mess.  LOL!  However, with the progress that was made this weekend, a small bit of my sanity has returned.  : )

Today the temperature made it to 65 degrees!!  It was such a gorgeous day.  I really wish we could have spent more time outside, but we did manage to open the windows today...and make a large drop off at Goodwill.  We also walked down the block to the City Market to get some produce for dinner tonight.  I'm making a Red Wine Beef Stew...not too synonymous with the weather today, but we'll be glad we have leftovers for tomorrow.  It's only supposed to get up to 29 degrees tomorrow!  Ouch!  It's amazing to think that after a day like today!

I also thought I'd share a couple of pics that I stole from Nadia's (Chad's brother's wife's sister) FB page.  I'm so grateful that she posts pics often.  We miss them all so much.  It's nice to see what's going on in S.A.  It's also crazy to see them in their "summer" attire.

 Here's the Gerber crew!  Yay!

Ryan and Tanya...

...and Mack
This is a fun pic that I love.  A man...his dog...and his beer.  Ha!

Well, it's back to the grind tomorrow.  Cheers to a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment