Background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Yes, that's right, I'm ready for the weekend already and it's only Monday!  I hear today was great outside...I wouldn't know...but I think it got up to about 65 degrees here.  *sigh*  I so wish that I could have gotten outside to enjoy it, but I did experience the 55 degrees around 7pm!  Also good!!  Today was another crazy day at work filled with two loooooong training sessions in which I had to present.  Blah!  I'm hoping for a bit of a break by this time in February.  Fingers crossed!

Saturday night we actually peeled ourselves from the River Market and drove down to the Westport neighborhood.  It's like a cross between The Loop and the CWE.  It's a bit of a "transitional" neighborhood and only about 15 min away.  There are tons of bars and restaurants to checkout.  We chose the Beer Kitchen.  The food was great and the beer tasty, but I was disappointed with the small number of beers on tap...and the prices of the bottles.  We'll be back but not before we check out everything else Westport has to offer.  


Sunday we chilled around the condo and began to unpack the last of the boxes.  Yep, began...not completed.  Oh well.  Another few weeks probably.  At least it's the last of it.  We also cooked a couple of dinners using our yummy ingredients from the market.  I first made some Potato Leek soup to eat during the week.  Then for Sunday's dinner we made Giada's Lasagna Rolls and some roasted veggies.  Super yum!!!  Here's a pic, which doesn't do it justice at all...

Tonight we made an improptu visit to Cellar Rat for a free wine tasting from Mettler Vineyards.  We had been wanting to check this place out.  It's only a couple minute drive from the condo but a little too far to walk.  I had purchased a Groupon from here for Chad for Xmas.  The Groupon was for a wine tasting class for two people.  So of course that was our excuse to check out the wine tasting...we had to schedule the Groupon.  The wine tasting tonight was pretty cool.  We actually got to meet the Mettler family, who was serving the wine to us.  We tasted 3 of their wines...all very good...Zinfandel, Cabernet & Petite Syrah.  We purchased two.  Here is our favorite...


 

That's all I have for now.  Hope everyone's week started with a little vino!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment