Background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chaos!

Just a short note to let you all know that we're still alive out here...just buried under mountains and mountains of boxes!  I really do feel like they multiplied on the truck...like little Gremlins...just add water.

Work is super crazy...even more so than I imagined.  So I haven't gotten any of the time off that I had planned.  Needless to stay that the unpacking is coming along very, very slowly.  We've managed to get the kitchen, master bedroom, master bathroom and 3/4 of the master closet unpacked.  Lot and lots more to do though.  I wish the unpacking fairy would grace us with her presence.  I just always feel unsettled when both work and home are chaotic.

Our new couch arrived last week, but the furniture from I.O. Metro won't be here for a couple more weeks.  We did purchase a guest bed and mattresses from Nebraska Furniture Mart this weekend, which is scheduled to arrive this coming Wednesday.  Now we just need to decide on a coffee table and end table...and we should be set.

Enough crabbing already.  We've managed to eat out every day this past week.  Here's some of the places we've frequented:  Minsky's PizzaBurrito BrosCafe al DenteHarry's Country Club, and Hickok's Bar & Grill.  This morning we got up and walked over to the City Market to have coffee at this cute little coffee shop with great muffins.  Chad had planned to make some spicy red sauce this evening, so we grabbed some of the ingredients from the vendors there.  Very cool to walk everywhere and have this great farmer's market right in our backyard!!


Well this week at work is going to kick my butt, so I better get it to bed soon.  Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. miss y'all! hope KC has been fun so far - you are already ahead of me & Chad on the unpacking LOL!

    ReplyDelete