Background

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Random Reading


Throughout the week I read a lot of blogs - probably too many.  I like it, because I end up discovering so many new things, websites, people, etc.  The downfall of that is because of my schedule, I often don't get back to those sites or get to try the new things that I've learned.  I'm hoping to change that a bit this year.  Regardless, I thought that I would share some of them with you.

{Self}

I'm completely infatuated with this article, 6 Subtle Things Highly Productive People Do Every Day!  I'm willing to try anything that would possibly make me more productive and allow me more personal time.  I'm a total believer in #1.  I think it's important to know where you are on the "mood elevator" (as the company I work for calls it) everyday.  Once you check your mood, you know how to approach tasks, meetings, etc. for the day.  I completely fail at #2 though.  Must.  Try.  To.  Be.  Better.


{Food}
 
A new healthy snack to try!


We can't seem to get enough mussels lately and have wanting to try our hand at making them at home.  I see people making them on all the cooking shows that we watch - seems easy, but for some reason I'm intimidated by them.  I ran across this recipe the other day, and I must admit, it does seem super easy.  We have an awesome butcher shop, The Broadway Butcher, just down the street that carries fresh seafood.  Thinking we'll have to make these soon!


{Fun}
I'm not a big "DIYer", but this wrapping job would be fun to try!



{Fave Blog of the Week}

I truly enjoy the "Hand Luggage" blog - makes me smile each time I read it!  I often find daydreaming after I've read a particular post.  LOL!  This post, 50 Meals You Have to Eat In 50 Countries, combines travel & food.  It can't get much better than that, right?!  I'm happy to say that I've had the recommended dishes for the U.S. (easy-peasy), Germany, France & Switzerland, but I was a complete miss on Mexico & South Africa.  Guess I'll need to travel back there soon!


Happy Reading!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment