Background

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 - I've Got This!

We're not ending 2014 on a good note at all given that we're both sick.  We really know how to do it up right in our household.  Mucinex, nebulizer machines & bubbly!  LOL!

{Ringin' in the New Year!}


That being said - we're hoping for a better start to 2015.  Maybe we're getting the sickness out now? Possibly?

The start of a new year always brings about discussion of New Year's Resolutions...a time to reflect upon the past and ponder the year to come.  Out of this developed the custom of making a resolution.  I've never been good at keeping my resolutions and not even very consistent about making them.  This year I have decided to make a resolution but one that is different from years past.  This year I've decided that my resolution will be to...

Add "passion" back into my life!

Now I don't mean passion in a romantic term but instead adding things back into my personal & professional life that I'm passionate about.  As I've been reflecting on 2014 and pondering 2015, I've discovered that I've lost a lot of my passion, especially professionally.  I've been working in a profession that has provided well for my family, but it has kept me very busy, very stressed and with little time for much else.  I've been working hard the last few months or so to balance my professional & personal lives and have found it extremely difficult.  But I continue to try and have found myself marginally successful so far...more successful than I've been in a few years.  I sit behind a desk all day doing very important work that serve individuals in need...but I feel that I'm a bit disconnected from a lot of it.  I feel that I need to be more "connected".  I'm in no way going back to hands on patient care, and I'm not looking to change jobs...just add more things to my life that I enjoy doing to allow me to feel fulfilled in other areas.

Things that I can connect to...feel good about.  Things like...

Family

Animals

Children

Food


I haven't quite figured out how to "enhance" these areas of my life, but I do have some ideas!  More to come as I start to wade my way through this new "challenge"...and it is a challenge for me...but one I will enjoy!


Happy New Year!  Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment